Before throwing away any items, consider if they can be recycled or donated. In addition to Goodwill and the Salvation Army, Montgomery County provides a list of other organizations that receive donated goods here.
You can receive additional information by calling 311, the Montgomery County non-emergency goverment information and services number.
Trash service for Diamond Farm is provided by B&B Refuse, Inc. and included as a part of residents’ quarterly dues.
- Trash collection occurs weekly on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Trash may be put out as early as 7pm the night before pickup.
- Trash should be placed in trash cans with tight-fitting lids to discourage animals
- Trash cans must be kept in backyards and sheds when not out for collection.
- If a pickup date falls on a holiday, collection will be delayed until the next regularly scheduled day.
Recycling & Leaf Pickup
The City of Gaithersburg contracts with a private hauler to provide recycling collection for newspapers, mixed paper, and corrugated cardboard, as well as commingled cans, glass containers, and plastic bottles. The contractor also collects brush, branches, leaves, grass, and other yard clippings on regularly scheduled recycling days.
- Recycling collection occurs weekly on Friday.
- Recyclables should be placed on the curb by 7am. Our recycling pickups tend to come earlier than our trash collections!
- The city will not collect hazardous materials including paint. You can call 301.840.2852 for information on disposing of these items or take them to the Montgomery County Transfer Station.
- If recycling is cancelled due to a holiday or weather emergency the contractor performs a special pickup on Saturday.
The city also conducts a loose leaf pickup program in the spring and autumn for leaves that have been raked to the curb. Spring collection occurs from the last week of March through the first two weeks of April. Autumn collection occurs from the last week of October through the last week of December. For more information on the program, click here.
Bulk pickup occurs on the first recycling day (Friday) of every month. Pickup is provided for free as part of the City of Gaithersburg’s bulk pickup program.
Acceptable items include:
- Large household items
- Bedsprings and mattresses
- Large toys
- Nonmetal sinks
- Small amounts of remodeling debris (piles smaller than 4′ x 4′ x 8′)
- Scrap metal.
- Washing machines
- Air conditioners
- Metal sinks
- Iron furniture
- Lawn mowers
- Fitness equipment
- Large yard waste – tree trunks and limbs less than 6′ long and weighing under 40 lbs.
- Routine recyclable items
- Regular household refuse
- Contractor debris
- Household hazardous waste
- Propane tanks or tanks under pressure
- Motor vehicle parts, including tires
Predominantly metal materials must be separated for special scrap metal recycling collection
Items not accepted include:
Please be mindful of cable and phone boxes when placing trash cans, recycling bins, lawn bags, or bulk items out for pickup, and please remember to leave sidewalks unobstructed.